Monday 3 September 2012

Allen Grant's First day training blog

My first day training for the Beachy Head Marathon would consist of a good nights sleep the day before so that when I wake up at 07.00 I am refreshed.
For my breakfast I would have porridge with syrup and raisins to give me sustained energy for my run and drink a cup of tea at home and 500ml of water before I started.
The run would be 10 miles at a slow pace at which you can hold a conversation.
Starting at Butts Brow and heading towards Beachy Head Golf club then through to Beachy Head past Bell Tout lighthouse and onto Birling Gap where I would head back along the Beachy Head road and turn and go up through Cornish farm to Warren hill across the road and head back past the golf club to Butts Brow.
At the end of my run I would drink another 500ml of isotonic sports drink whilst cooling down with a slow walk of 100 metres and stretching then I would normally have an energy bar or banana when I got home.
If I am running on my own I would always let someone know where I am running, how long I would be (REMEMBER SAFETY AT ALL TIMES) and carry my mobile with me or better still run with a group.
Be happy in your running.
Allen Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment