Friday 21 September 2012

2 steps forward, 1 step back...

This week has been full of it's ups and downs for my training for the goal of the Beachy Head Marathon.

Every week there are some good stuff that happens and there are the bad bits. This week however seemed to be the exception with a couple of very nasty bits but not equally matched by the highs!

The week got off to a somewhat painful start as some how my two year old niece managed to crack my nose and give me a beautiful black eye. This I could put up with however it is the consequences of the broken nose that cause the most trouble as the surgeon reckons the chipped bone was obstructing the canals in my nose making breathing whilst running just that extra bit harder!

Anyway, I picked myself up after that setback as I knew training must continue at all costs and and well for a crack of dawn run with my friend around Whitbread, Beachy Head and the surrounding areas. This was the high point of the weeks training as we beat our personal best times for the circuit - happy days! :)

Just as I thought I was over the weekend troubles of the nose, a ride out on the horses on Wednesday evening went and threw yet another spanner in the works. It was a beautiful evening with the sun slowly setting and getting a final gallop in before returning home. Just as everything was perfect...the nightmare struck as my friends horse suddenly bolts off and gallops off in the process throwing her from the horse, to which she landed very awkwardly and painfully on her back...This left my friend and I looking after 3 horses, our injured friend and competing with the ever diminishing light.

Cutting a long story short the resulting outcome was myself running about 8miles up and down hills in horse riding boots (blistered like never before and a slightly twisted ankle) and an overall finish with a ride out in the air ambulance for her and the long walk home for us! All the running has now left my feet shot to pieces however, in the words of Queen, the show must go on! But also recovery is vital and premature training would only further exacerbate the injuries, so, rest it is for a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment