Friday 7 September 2012

Introducing Allan Lambert!

It's time to introduce you to our final Beachy Head Marathon lucky competition winner - Allan Lambert. On the 27th October, Allan, along with Michael, Richard and Allen will set out on the arduous 26 mile course across the South Downs. Here's Allan's first blog entry of his training day 1.

So I've signed up for the Beachy Head Marathon on 27th October. The countdown to the starting gun has begun and I’ve started to crank up the miles.  

A little about me; I'm nearer forty than thirty, dad to my heroes Hannah and Thomas and work for a well known group of UK holiday companies. In my spare time you can find me ‘running slowly’ with my significant other Sarah and training our 1 year old energetic black Labrador, Griff.  I’m a big fan of holidaying in the UK. From coastline to sunshine (yes, really) we really do have some of best places to visit and explore. 

So am I serious runner?  No. As a former rugby player you could say I’m build for comfort rather than speed!  However, I do give it a good go. What I enjoy most about running is it takes me to parts of the UK I wouldn’t necessary visit. That fact mixed together with an enjoyable run, a finishers’ medal and rewarding post run pint and I couldn’t be happier.

I have completed a handful of marathons. Emphasis on completed... Sub six hours and I've had a good day at the office.  Of course I’d like a stunning personal best to impress friends and family but for now I’m more than happy to get around with a smile on my face.
Allan, Sarah and Griff the Lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment