Monday 10 September 2012

VisitEastbourne's own training blog!

VisitEastbourne's own is running the Beachy Head marathon also, so here's an update with an insider view!

Less than two months to go till 'D-day' and somehow it's crept up quietly and the pressure and nerves are starting to mount! From the moment I accepted the challenge of running the marathon from a colleague back in April, I have been looking forward to my date with destiny and th undulating hills. I can't deny that over the summer with all the busy events and happenings in Eastbourne, my training has, well, been rather remiss. To be honest - non existent would be more of a factually correct statement! Never mind I'm generally quite a fit person and swimming many times a week so hopefully with a little more effort on pounding the hills, I should be in some form of reasonable fitness to tackle those stunning Seven Sisters.

With a large portion of event's successfully finished for now, my attention can start to return to turning over the miles. I have been very fortunate to have an awesome friend who knows exactly how to train for these types of ‘crazy'ness’ and the best way to approach it. This has meant alternate days going for early morning runs around Whitbread or down at Sovereign Harbour. Applied with a lot of flexing and stretching – I’ll admit I’m not the most flexible of people! After these I can definitely feel the burn, but as they say 'No pain, no gain', I keep persevering. Needless to say that progressively each run I do becomes easier and I'm starting to increase the mileage.

All this being juggled with the fun of the office in the day, some pre/post event's work here and there, seven swimming sessions throughout the course of the week and looking after a few horses and dogs just for good measure! I sure do look forward to that moment of pure relaxation when my head touches the soft pillow at the end of the day, however the pleasure and happiness each day brings me is like nothing else and I really do look forward to each and every next day to start it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment