Tuesday 9 October 2012

Allen Grant is a step closer

With the final couple weeks of training ticking away, Allen gives us the latest update.

Just got back today from my last long training run which was Chester marathon on Sunday. The race was flat and the weather was great, but I am a little sore today. Although I have not been training much it went well, so hopefully I will be able to beat my personal best at Beachy Head this year.

This week leading up to the race I have been cutting down on the proteins and increasing my carbs with plenty of wholemeal bread and pasta and making sure I drink plenty of water. Training has been reduced to a 13 mile LSD (Long, Slow, Distance) run on Sunday around 1/2-1 min slower than race pace, 5 miles easy pace midweek and 3 miles slow in race kit on Friday, rest on Saturday ( walking round Chester Zoo) and plenty of sleep.

I will be back training in a day or two when my legs recover.

Keep going Allen and the rest of our runners, it's the final push!

No comments:

Post a Comment