Friday 12 October 2012

14 days, 20 hours, 5 minutes, 46 seconds...45...43

Here we are then another week has somehow flown by and that can only mean one thing, another week closer to M-Day (marathon day!)

So far this week has progressed very nicely with the usual clear up operation of beer festival taking place whilst our focus turns attention to the next main event on the Eastbourne calendar...The Beachy Head Marathon.

With this there was the sudden realisation that it really isn't long and if I'm honest, I better pull my finger out with doing a couple more runs! Here in the office the transition from beer to trainer has gone very smoothly. No sooner were the kegs empty than the advertising banners and volunteers being enlisted. The hunt however still remains for the elusive final few, urgently need volunteers to help steward the big day. If you or someone you know can help then please do get in touch on 01323 415442 or email julie.paul@eastbourne.gov.uk.

This week also saw the 'presentation' of the official Garmin running watch that I shall be wearing on the big day for distance and elevation measuring. However when I first saw it my first thoughts were not of being the next Mo Farah, instead more Spiderman with the size of this thing! Joking aside I have test run with it once since and I must say it has been a real training aid. From telling me minute detail about where I'm easing off too much or burning too much energy.

If you want any further information or would like to share your stories then do please get in touch with myself at matt.kuchta@eastbourne.gov.uk

All the best,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment