Friday 15 June 2012

What makes the AEGON International so special for Gabriella De Feo this year?

By Gabriella De Feo who will be reporting back on play on Thursday 21 June.

Having been to the last three Wimbledon Championships and experienced a severe amount of rain, I am more than hoping this year’s AEGON tennis championships in Eastbourne are carried out while it lives up to its name of the ‘Sunshine Coast’.

When applying to university, I can safely say that Eastbourne playing host to the AEGON tennis championships played a big part in making my decision. Being so close to such a prestigious event with the opportunity to win tickets to it, grabbed my attention quicker than Rafael Nadal’s serve.

I for one could not name many Universities which have such famous sporting occasions right on their doorstep. This combined with my love of tennis has left me hoping to be a part of the event in one way or another, whether it be watching the players or as a volunteer in it.

If I am not one of the fortunate ones to be part of the championships this year then I am grateful to have two more years (assuming I pass my first year) to have the opportunity to do so. I will try my utmost to see if I can avoid the prices of Wimbledon and instead experience a tournament of a similar standard while saving the pennies in my student life!

No comments:

Post a Comment