Thursday 14 June 2012

What makes the AEGON International so special for Jack Gracie this year?

Jack Gracie will be reporting back on play on Tuesday 19 June. Jack is a budding photographer so watch out for him and his camera on the day - we're looking forward to seeing some fab photos alongside his blog entry!

For me, this years AEGON International is special because it has the potential to be the first form of elite competition that I could cover as a journalist.

It is and has been for some time now, my dream to become a sport journalist. Travelling the world, watching the sport I love and getting to report what I love to thousands ofothers.

The AEGON International has the potential to be my first ever opportunity to experience what it is like to cover professional sport, something which the high calibre of player competing at Devonshire Park this year, guarantees.

Before now I have not had the chance to experience this and I would relish the chance to emulate the work I have read and watched from other journalists that have inspired me. The tournament could be a great chance for me to gain some valuable experience and really test what I have learnt so far.

At University I have recently been involved in a group research project in which are question was "What effect does hosting the AEGON International have on the town of Eastbourne". Because of this I am fully aware of benefits the competition brings with it and this is of course another reason that makes it special. Not only to me but the whole of the Eastbourne community.

But ultimately... the chance to watch the world's best doesn't come around very often and it is this in particular that makes this years tournament special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment