Wednesday 4 February 2015

10 Things We Love About Eastbourne

In the run up to Valentine's Day, the team at Visit Eastbourne have gone all sentimental over the lovely little seaside town we live and work in. So, we've declared what it is we love about Eastbourne and put it altogether here in this list - 10 Things We Love About Eastbourne!




1. I love the stunning view of Eastbourne as you run over the Downs from Beachy Head - it takes your breath away! And on a dry, crisp day, we love taking our kids on their bikes along the cycle path from the Sovereign Centre, and stopping at The Pavilion for cake and hot chocolates! - Laura F



2. There are so many quirky and lovely independent shops in Eastbourne. I love that I can always find a special gift for a friend, or a treat for myself in these unique little shops. - Sarah






3. I love going for walks along the seafront and around the Sovereign Harbour. Particularly during the summer it’s lovely to sit outside one of the restaurants and watch the boats sail by whilst enjoying a meal. - Cat 




4. Going for a walk in the beautiful Italian Gardens and then having lunch in the Western View cafe is one of the most relaxing ways to spend an afternoon in Eastbourne. - Annie




5. I sometimes find myself standing outside the gates of St Mary's Church in Old Town and imagining the countless people who have gazed at the same view over the 900 or so years it has stood here. It makes me feel part of a community that spans the generations and about whom it is my work to discover. - Jo





6. There is so much that I love - The anticipation of tennis week in June as all the branding is erected around town, and then the late evening shadows on the tennis courts at Devonshire Park with the sun going down and the gentle thud of tennis balls against rackets. Eating fish and chips from the paper, sitting on Eastbourne seafront us the sun goes down with music playing from the Bandstand will always be one of my favourite past-times. - Mike





7.  I love a good night out in Eastbourne. Starting off with a few drinks in one of the swanky cocktail or wine bars, followed by dancing with friends in TJ's nightclub until the early hours! - Laura G




8. I love walking along Eastbourne’s prom with the family.  Whatever the weather it’s great to get out in the fresh air with those glorious sea views.  We often stop for coffee and cake in one of the seafront cafes or if we’re feeling energetic walk from the seafront onto the Downs to explore the South Downs Way – bliss! - Lisa 



9. I love the many beautiful parks in Eastbourne, and I especially love to spend a hot summers afternoon in the gardens next to the former Towner Gallery in Gildridge Park. Then when it turns a little cooler, to stroll over the road to the Counting House for evening drinks in the beer garden. - Beth






10. One of my favourite things about Eastbourne is Airbourne  - I love to go up to Beachy Head to watch the flying displays, it's such an amazing spot to view the planes from - and the view of Eastbourne from there is also incredible! - Amanda







Eastbourne really is a special town, we love it. What do you love about Eastbourne and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment