Thursday 31 May 2012

Jack Moule at Eastbourne Extreme

We were lucky enough to get the chance to speak to world no. 2 freestyle jet ski champion, Jack Moule. At just 17 years old Jack is preparing for this year’s AquaX championships at Eastbourne Extreme and looking forward to entertaining the crowds with his acrobatic flare and high speed tricks!




Tell us about when you first got into jet skiing and how it came about…I first got into jet skiing when I was 13 years old. My Dad had a jet ski and always loved watersports, so I decided to have a go and loved it.

Did you think it would ever be possible to become a professional jet ski freestyle champion, let alone no. 2 in the world?I probably didn't think it would be possible to become a professional jet skier in England as the weather is not always great and to be fair it doesn't have a huge following - people just don't know much about freestyle jet skiing. But I have been lucky enough to successfully promote jet skiing as a sport and show everyone what it’s about.

What is your favourite trick and why? My favourite trick at the moment is the no-handed barrel roll, where I take both my hands off the ski as it is rotating upside down in a corkscrew!

So, you’re coming to Eastbourne on Saturday 14th July for Eastbourne Extreme – are you excited about your visit to the town?Yes, of course, it’s always nice to visit different places and have the opportunity to talk to different people and Eastbourne sounds great, so I'm looking forward to it!!

Is there anything/anyone (other than you!) we should be looking out for at Extreme?Well hopefully there will be lots of people watching me do my freestyle show and apart from that my Dad is racing in the P1 AquaX Championship so I will definitely be cheering him on as he is a rookie!

If you weren’t jet skiing, what else would you be doing?If I wasn't jet skiing I think I would definitely still do something linked to sports, either football or golf or maybe even stunt work as I always like to be active.

So The World Finals are in the USA later this year, where you’re hoping to become world no. 1. What are your other plans for the future?Yep, I'm looking forward to going to the USA for The World Finals and am busy preparing for that. I also have some other jet ski shows and displays coming up, plus other opportunities that are coming my way....so watch this space!

Can we follow you on Twitter? If so, tell us why we should in 140 characters?Yes, of course you can follow me on Twitter @JackMoule as I’ll be tweeting during Eastbourne Extreme so people can hear what it’s like to get some air on a jet ski plus some other cool stuff...


So looks like Jack has got a busy year ahead of him - so thank you Jack for finding time in your hectic schedule to talk to us and best of luck for this years AquaX championships! We'll be cheering you on in Eastbourne!

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment